This is a REFURBISHED AffloVest
The AffloVest® Mobile Airway Clearance System is produced in 7 different sizes.
The proper size is determined by the user’s chest circumference.
Precise fit is very important to anatomically target the upper and lower lung lobes with directed therapy.
The AffloVest® Mobile Airway Clearance System ranges from XXS (18″ chest circumference) for infants and young children up to the largest size, XXL for adults (up to 65″+ chest circumference).
AffloVest® Size Chest Circumference Measurement
XXS 18″– 23″ (46 – 58 cm)
XS 23″– 29″ (58 – 74 cm)
S 29″– 35″ (74 – 89 cm)
M 35″– 41″ (89 – 104 cm)
L 41″– 48″ (104 – 122 cm)
XL 48″– 55″ (122 – 140 cm)
XXL 55″– 65+” (140 – 165+ cm)
• A 1 inch (2.5 cm) overlap of the vertical black seams on the front of the AffloVest is acceptable for all sizes
• A 1 to 5-inch (2.5 –13 cm) gap between the two sides of the AffloVest is also acceptable for all sizes
Who should use the AffloVest Mobile Airway Clearance System?
The AffloVest treats Bronchiectasis, Cystic Fibrosis, COPD,MS, MD (muscular dystrophy), ALS, and other neuromuscular and respiratory diseases. This device offers proven, truly mobile airway clearance. The AffloVest provides real mobility while receiving treatments. In addition, AffloVest user can customize and therefore enhance their airway clearance therapy based on their specific needs. Because AffloVest treatments are powerful and highly directed, they effectively mobilizes lung secretions. Regular use of the AffloVest removes excess mucus from the lungs. And by removing excretions that can contain pathogens, the AffloVest reduces their risk of pneumonia. Because it is highly mobile, the AffloVest enables users to adhere to their therapy.
How does the AffloVest work?
The AffloVest uses electro-mechanical actuators to produce oscillations. This system was the first battery-operated High Frequency Chest Wall Oscillation (HFCWO) device. AffloVest users receive state-of-the-art airway clearance therapy on-the-go. The system is compact. No bulky travel bags are required. There are already more than 10,000 AffloVest systems in use today. The AffloVest Airway Clearance System is only used for patients that can sit or stand independently. And because HFCWO treatment is more comfortable than manual percussion therapy, it is easier to do your treatments regularly. If the user is bedridden, we do not recommend the AffloVest. Instead, we recommend the Hill-Rom Model 105 or the RespirTech inCourage Systems. Some patients that cannot cough effectively may benefit from the Respironics CoughAssist T70, or the Hill-Rom VitalCough.
The AffloVest Mobile Airway Clearance System has eight mechanical oscillating motors. These motors target all 5 lobes of the lungs. Both the front and front and back sides are targeted using patented, Direct Dynamic Oscillation™ technology. There are no bulky hoses or air pulse generators. Because of this, the AffloVest® Mobile Airway Clearance System is engineered to encourage treatment adherence. Therefore, AffloVest patients experience an improved quality of life during airway clearance treatments. No longer do AffloVest users need to remain stationary during therapy sessions. Now, they are free to move about, walk, work, bike or even garden.
AffloVest Mobile Airway Clearance System Features:
First during-use HFCWO fully mobile Airway Clearance Therapy – Mobile CPT
Anatomically targets all 5 lobes of the lungs, both front and back
Promotes airway clearance and secretion mobilization
Clinically improved lung function shown in clinical studies
Digital, programmable controller
3 modes of oscillation treatment (Percussion, Vibration, Drainage)
3 adjustable intensity levels (Soft, Medium, Intense)
A powerful, rechargeable battery allows the user to move about freely, even outdoors. You can always count on the AffloVest® Mobile Airway Clearance System to provide you with comfortable, reliable treatment when you need it.
Treatment Treatment times can vary depending on physician prescription.
These treatments generally take 20-30 minutes and are conducted twice daily.
Weight Lightweight, ~5.0 – 8.5 lbs. depending on size.
Power Supply Battery operated, rechargeable with 1-year warranty, AC/DC power
Mode of Operation: 8 oscillation motors anatomically positioned into the AffloVest that create 8 individual pressure waveforms
The AffloVest has to fit the user to deliver results.
Therefore, it is important that you take a chest circumference measurement across the widest part of the user’s chest.
The proper size is selected based on the chest circumference measurement.
Proper AffloVest sizing delivers optimal airway clearance therapy.
If we do not have your size listed, please chat, call or email us.
What conditions does the AffloVest treat?
The AffloVest® Mobile Airway Clearance System is approved for the treatment of the following conditions (and several more as this list is updated frequently):
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Sequelae of Poliomyelitis
- Biotinidase deficiency
- Infantile SMA spinal muscular atrophy, type I (Werdnig-Hoffman)
- Other inherited spinal muscular atrophy
- Motor neuron disease, unspecified
- ALS – Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Progressive bulbar palsy
- Primary lateral sclerosis
- Familial motor neuron disease
- Progressive spinal muscle atrophy
- Other motor neuron disease as well as some spinal muscular atrophies and related syndromes
- SMA – Spinal muscular atrophy
- Post-polio syndrome
- Multiple sclerosis
- Muscular dystrophy, unspecified
- Duchenne or Becker muscular dystrophy
- Facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy
- Myotonic muscular dystrophy, congenita or chondrodystrophy
- Drug induced myotonia
- Other specified myotonic disorders
- Congenital myopathies
- Mitochondrial myopathy not elsewhere classified
- Other primary disorders of muscles
- Drug-induced myopathy
- Alcoholic myopathy
- Myopathy due to other toxic agents
- Other specified myopathies
- Myopathy in diseases classified elsewhere
- Disorders of diaphragm
- Systemic sclerosis with myopathy
- Juvenile dermatopolymyositis with myopathy
- Other dermatopolymyositis with myopathy
- Polymyositis with myopathy
- Dermatopolymyositis, unspecified with myopathy
- Systemic sclerosis with myopathy
- Sicca syndrome with myopathy